Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SUO Blog challenge today- Our favorite NEW stamp set, (accent on the NEW just in case my Elements of Style set is in earshot....) But I DO DO DO love this stamp set!!! Just below this I did the tutorial on Marker Layering with this same stamp set. This is a variation of marker layering. With this one, I used watercolor cardstock and so I used blender pens to move the color out and everything else is pretty much the same. However, I did use a bashful blue marker for highlighting around the outside of the image instead of just coloring a light shadow with sahara sand. This gives it a different look, but one I also love. If you try this with plain cardstock, it tears, but the watercolor cs will stand up to a hurricane I think. I dab a tiny touch of blue and then in a circular motion I spread it out using a blender pen. Coloring is such great therapy. Don't you think? Happy Tuesday everyone!! Have a workshop so you can get this great new hostess set!!!! You will wonder how you ever stamped without it!! Until next time, Karen

6 comments:

"LZ" Linda Z. said...

Good Morning!! This is beautiful. What a terrific card to wake up to in my email. Thank you for the great work.

Peggy said...

Beautifully done Karen! I am loving the technique and yes the new stamp set is tops!

Hello From Texas said...

WOW ... This is just brilliant. I love how rich and warm it looks. Beautiful card.

TFS
Carole

Carol Dee said...

Stunning card, you do have a way with hose snazy BIG bows. :) Hugs...

Cook22 said...

Your favourite set - oh no, I couldn't possibly have guessed.
Great work on the tutorial!! I saw a couple of cards that were almost dead ringers for yours in the challenge gallery, and even though I personally found it one of the two hardest challenges (I truly am NOT a marker gal), DH liked the card enough to snag it for his mother's birthday this week.

Edna Morrisedie said...

You do those big bows so well, and I really liked your marker tutorial!